Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grammar Rules to Forget

“It's no longer considered a crime to split an infinitive or end a sentence with a preposition, for example, but the specters of worn-out rules have a way of coming back to haunt us.” Particia T. O’Conner and Stewart Kellerman in Grammar Myths: The Living Dead, Let Bygone Rules Be Bygone
I don’t remember receiving comments about using split infinitives or ending sentences with prepositions in my stories -- except from my wife. :) I have had comments about my use of semi-colons. I guess they're less used now than in the past. If you’re uncertain about grammatical usage and how it’s changed, grammarphobia.com is a good site to visit on a regular basis.

This is my last post for this week. I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season and a rewarding 2009 filled with many publications.

No comments: