Friday, January 2, 2009

So Much To Learn

“I have been successful because I have always realized that I knew nothing about writing and have merely tried to tell an interesting story entertainingly.” -- Edgar Rice Burroughs in The Writer’s Digest Guide to Good Writing.
Mr. Burroughs is being a bit hard on himself. I won’t say I know nothing about writing. I will admit I still have a lot to learn and will never know it all. That’s why I continue to read articles and books on writing. One of my writing goals for 2008 was to enroll in three writing courses. Mostly due to monetary constraints, I completed one. My goal this year is to sign up for two online classes. There are numerous options out there, I just have to decide what topics I need the most help with. There are so many to choose from. :)

No comments: