Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Writer Is...

“A writer is someone who looks at language as magic, who appreciates the story made up of the little moments in life. A writer is someone who feels the energy of an idea through her whole body, feels the urge, the need, to write like a tingling sensation, ready to spill forth from her fingers. A writer dreams and dares and hopes and immerses herself in emotion and imagery and wonder.” -- Susan Pogorzelski in Guest Blog: Breathing Words
Anything I add here will only detract from this wonderful thought. Thanks to all of you who take the time to read my blog.

4 comments:

Loren Christie said...

What a great quote!

AVR said...

Yes, I really like it too and it is so true!

Susan Pogorzelski said...

Jim,

I happened upon your blog and love what you're doing; it's great to see what writing means to different people. Thanks for further sharing my post; I'm so glad to see that people can relate to my own strong feelings towards writing.

I'll be checking back often. Best wishes to you!

GutsyWriter said...

I agree, although that feeling is not there 100% of the time every day for me. I try though.