Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Learning About My Characters

“Write a description of the character as seen by another character in the story.” -- Damon Knight in Creating Short Fiction.
I tried this with the story I’m working on. It helped clarify the characters for me, but I’m still fuzzy on one of them. Part of the problem is that I’ve been busy with other tasks and haven’t spent as much time with this story as it needs. Today, I’m going to pick a topic randomly from the dictionary and have the four characters write about it.

2 comments:

Loren Christie said...

Hi Jim,
I've included your blog address in the print version of the Spring/Summer 2009 issue of Mom Writer's Literary Magazine. I manage the Writer's Resource page. I really enjoy your site and want thank you for creating a valuable resource, and discussion forum for writers. Have a great day!
-Loren

Jim Harrington said...

Thanks, Loren, for your comments and the mention of this blog in your magazine.