Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Damn That Muse

“If you are a writer when writing, you also are a writer when you are cooking, sleeping, walking.” – Natalie Goldberg in Writing Down the Bones.
If you're like me, this is a true statement. My writing muse is in motion most of the time. Even late at night when I'm beat, he ruminates over story ideas, sentences, or character details. I just wish he would be quieter sometimes and pickier about when he chooses to shout at me. I miss a lot of important scenes in the TV shows I watch, because he won't behave and let me relax. We need to talk, my muse and I.

1 comment:

Koala Bear Writer said...

Ah, yes, that's hilarious and very true! I hate it when my muse comes to me and I have no place to write down the great ideas/words/sentences flowing through my head.