Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Good Day of Writing

“If every time you sat down, you expected something great, writing would always be a great disappointment.” – Natalie Goldberg in Writing Down the Bones.
I don't expect great results when I sit in front of the computer to write. Heck, I'm pleased with good, or passable. Some days, as I mentioned on Monday, even passable is a tough goal to reach. I'm getting better at reminding myself that even if what I write isn't any good, at least I wrote something. I don't get as upset as I used to and stomp out of the room in disgust, which always led to eating something, a bad thing for my waistline. As long as I've made a good faith effort to put words on screen, I feel I've had a good day. And if the hint of a story emerges, it's a really good day.

No comments: