Friday, July 24, 2009

Mea Culpa -- Story Submission Update

I received an e-mail from the editor this morning rejecting my short story because I didn’t follow the guidelines. See, I told you that was important. ;) I found the step I missed and resubmitted the piece. I received a response this afternoon letting me know that submissions were closed until August. I went back to the website and found a statement to that fact -- right at the top of the page where I couldn't miss it! I’m positive it wasn’t there at 8:30 this morning. And why didn't the editor include that information in the first e-mail? She'd updated the canned response to state she was out of town on work-related business. Oh well, I submitted the story to a different site. I’ll let you know what happens next.

2 comments:

Loren Christie said...

Oh my Jim, that's not fair. I hope the next editor accepts it.

Epiphany said...

Yea, that was kind of rude of her, but you'll get it published :)