Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Exercising My Writing Muscle redeux

"Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up." – Jane Yolen
I’ve used this quote before. I repeat it, because I don’t feel like writing. I put off writing this post, until I finally made myself sit in my chair. I’m still not inspired. It doesn’t happen often, but there are days when I sit at my computer and nothing happens. Most times I read, critique, or do something else pertaining to writing. Well, that’s been a struggle today (Tuesday) also. I wrote a critique this morning, but it wasn’t one of my best. I read a couple of short stories, but had difficulty staying with the story. I’m staring at a writing prompt, but nothing is coming. I guess I’ll go read some writing blogs and see if anyone else is struggling today.

Anybody else out there feel writing challenged?

No comments: