Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vacuuming to Success

“To create you must quiet your mind. You need a quiet mind so that ideas will have a chance of connecting.” -- Eric Maisil
Hah! I know why I couldn’t write or read yesterday. I did have a lot on my mind when I sat down at the computer. Stuff that blocked the ability of a story to ooze to the top of the heap and into the open. BTW, I didn’t manage to type a few words later in the day. I also put the finishing touches on a couple of short stories and submitted them. The day wasn’t a total loss. I guess I answered a few of the questions swirling around my head, or managed to block them out. I don’t remember. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the noise in my head when it’s time to write. Perhaps a vacuum hose to the ear would help.

No comments: